Security

last person joined: 7 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  SNMPv2 in a VRF - Limited view

Posted 09-14-2015 04:27

Hello All,

I have managed to get SNMP working in our VRF-MANAGEMENT, where all our collectors sit. However, we can only see oid's which belong to the VRF.

For example irb.70 belongs to VRF-MANAGEMENT and irb.1501 belongs to the default table. We can only see irb.70.

I can see configuration for the vlan 70, but any layer 3 information, is only viewable from the VRF and pertains to the VRF only.

Is there a command where I can poll the MX for all interfaces, even if my collector is in a routing-instance?

Current Config:

view all {
        oid .1;
    }
    community public {
        view all;
        authorization read-only;
        routing-instance VRF-MANAGEMENT {
            clients {
                172.16.0.0/24;
            }
        }
    }
    routing-instance-access;
    traceoptions {
        flag all;
    }

LINUX:

snmpwalk -v2c -c VRF-MANAGEMENT@public 172.16.0.254  -m  all

• 2.  RE: SNMPv2 in a VRF - Limited view
    Best Answer

Posted 09-14-2015 05:58

Hello,

Following document for SRX says that polling objects of default routing instance from customer routing instances where collectors reside is not supported.

However if collectors are reachable over default routing instance, they can poll information about objects in customer routing instance.

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB30459

Note:- Still can you just try to include following string in SNMP requests & see if it works?

default@public

Regards,

Rushi

• 3.  RE: SNMPv2 in a VRF - Limited view

Posted 09-18-2015 06:30

Thanks Rilak,

Looks like our management servers will have to have a leg in the default Instance!

Thanks for the reply 🙂