Management
Contributor
rhisyam

SSG5 dual link Issue - Urgent

im a ssg newbie, so need some help here, regarding dual link issues. i just read some of solutions here but not very helping. most of the solutions point to ECMP but i cannot do ECMP becoz i use trust interface for internal and external interface. NMS need to monitor all this user computer around 50 computer. if i run on single link there is no problem user can reach HQ and HQ can reach user, but when i use dual link for PPPoE interface i'm stuck. herewith i attach the diagram.
Contributor
TechieMatt

Re: SSG5 dual link Issue - Urgent

1. Enter the necessary information:

In the Add New Entry box, enter the IP address and the subnet mask of the secondary IP you are configuring.

1. Click Add to save the secondary IP address.

The new secondary IP address appears in the Secondary IP list.

Secondary IP addresses have certain properties that affect how you can implement them:

• There can be no subnet address overlap between any two secondary IPs. In addition, there can be no subnet address overlap between a secondary IP and any existing subnet on the device.

• When you manage a device through a secondary IP address, the address always has the same management properties as the primary IP address. Consequently, you cannot specify a separate management configuration for the secondary IP address.

• You cannot configure a gateway for a secondary IP address.

• You cannot configure a secondary IP address in Transparent mode. For example, if you configure the secondary IP address in NAT or Route mode and then attempt to change the mode to Transparent, the action fails.

• Whenever you create a new secondary IP address, the device automatically creates a corresponding routing-table entry. When you delete a secondary IP address, the device automatically deletes its routing-table entry.

• Enabling or disabling routing between two secondary IP addresses causes no changes in the routing table. For example, if you disable routing between two such addresses, the device drops any packets directed from one interface to the other, but no changes occur in the routing table.

Thanks

Matt

JNCIA-FWV
JNCIS-FWV
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.