Management
Visitor
berkisho

STRM & EMC Celerra NAS

I am running STRM 2008.3r1; we are trying to pull logs from an EMC Celerra NAS that emulates a windows server...I have configured ALE to pull the logs, however the logs are not coming out in the correct format and I am receicing the following error message in ALE:

2009-08-20 12:04:30,000 WARN  Device.WindowsLog.MessageFormatterBase.GetRawMessageFromFiles : Could not load requested file 'nas1ec.jc.jefco.com\c$\Winnt\system32\MsAuditE.dll', Reason = 2

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Super Contributor
jfagerlund

Re: STRM & EMC Celerra NAS

Hi

To me it looks like the MsAuditE.dll file is NOT on the system. The reason might be because the EMC Celerra is not a 100% windows server, it only emulates.

Regards,
Johan
Visitor
berkisho

Correct -the EMC Cellera is not 100% windows server - it only emulates a window server...any help would be appreciated.
Super Contributor
jfagerlund

Hi

According to the manual ALE runs on Windows 2000 and 2003 only. Maybe the EMC operating system is missing the MsAuditE.dll file. I this case you are out of luck as the ALE does require it to run.

The option is if the EMC can send the logs directly to STRM using Syslog.

// Johan

Regards,
Johan
Visitor
jcrnjanski

Has anyone downloaded the Adaptive Log Exporter lately, I'm having some difficulties executing the application. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.