Schema Download Failed

Hello all,

NSM 2010.2

I've tried to update schema 156 to latest 215 and got error:

Error Text:

Schema Download Failed.

Error Details:

Obstructed update

svn: Failed to add directory '/usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/10.2R3.10': object of the same name already exists.

How to fix this?

Thank you,

Dmitry

Distinguished Expert
keithr

Re: Schema Download Failed

Dmitry wrote:

Error Details:

Obstructed update

svn: Failed to add directory '/usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/10.2R3.10': object of the same name already exists.

You could get into the NSM box via the CLI and delete that directory, though, be warned, this may have undesirable side effects.

root@nsm# rm -rf /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/10.2R3.10

Proceed at your own risk.

A slightly safer way would be to rename the 10.2R3.10 directory to something else, and if NSM blows up, you can always just put it back.

root@nsm# cd /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/

root@nsm:releases# mv 10.2R3.10 10.2R3.10.backup

If you need to put it back, just reverse it:

root@nsm# cd /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/

root@nsm:releases# mv 10.2R3.10.backup 10.2R3.10

You'll probably want to stop your NSM processes before doing these changes, and restart them after you make the change.

-kr

---
If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.
Contributor
Dmitry

Hi,

I did rename as you wrote:

root@nsm# cd /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi​/junos-es/releases/

root@nsm:releases# mv 10.2R3.10 10.2R3.10.backup

however it did not help. I've tried schema upgrade again after rename but outcome the same.

What you think, perhaps I have to downgrade schema to original before upgrade to 215?

Thanks,

Dmitry.

Contributor
Dmitry

Well, I found solution, perhaps it will useful to somebody.

1. Clean up disk space because to proper update is needed about 15GB free space (or more)

2. Use KB13555 to revert dmi-schema to the original installed version

3. Use DMI_Schema_v215.pdf document to check and correct (if necessary) some critical values: heaps, retry, timeout (at gui client as well)

4. Make update to latest dmi scheme as usual.

That works.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Super Contributor
cryptochrome

Are you using NSMxpress by any chance? Because this happeende to me countless times. The hard drives in the appliances are so extremely small that they can't cope with the large schema updates. Last time I had a JTAC guy clean up the mess and it took him 6 hours to get out NSM back on track. 

It's always the same with these schema updates. They fail very often. 

Twitter: @cryptochrome
--------------------------------
plus.google.com/11635909860
Contributor
Dmitry

No, my NSM under Linux. So I can use HDD any size. Closest plan is replace disk with more capacity. Mabyl it is possible on your appliance as well?
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.