Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Schema Download Failed

Posted 12-09-2011 07:28

Hello all,

NSM 2010.2

I've tried to update schema 156 to latest 215 and got error:

Error Text:

Schema Download Failed.

Error Details:

Obstructed update

svn: Failed to add directory '/usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/10.2R3.10': object of the same name already exists.

How to fix this?

Thank you,

Dmitry

• 2.  RE: Schema Download Failed

Posted 12-09-2011 13:47

@Dmitry wrote:

Error Details:

Obstructed update

svn: Failed to add directory '/usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/10.2R3.10': object of the same name already exists.

You could get into the NSM box via the CLI and delete that directory, though, be warned, this may have undesirable side effects.

root@nsm# rm -rf /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/10.2R3.10

Proceed at your own risk.

A slightly safer way would be to rename the 10.2R3.10 directory to something else, and if NSM blows up, you can always just put it back.

root@nsm# cd /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/

root@nsm:releases# mv 10.2R3.10 10.2R3.10.backup

If you need to put it back, just reverse it:

root@nsm# cd /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/

root@nsm:releases# mv 10.2R3.10.backup 10.2R3.10

You'll probably want to stop your NSM processes before doing these changes, and restart them after you make the change.

• 3.  RE: Schema Download Failed

Posted 12-11-2011 00:23

Hi,

I did rename as you wrote:

root@nsm# cd /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi​/junos-es/releases/

root@nsm:releases# mv 10.2R3.10 10.2R3.10.backup

however it did not help. I've tried schema upgrade again after rename but outcome the same.

What you think, perhaps I have to downgrade schema to original before upgrade to 215?

Thanks,

Dmitry.

• 4.  RE: Schema Download Failed
    Best Answer

Posted 12-12-2011 09:25

Well, I found solution, perhaps it will useful to somebody.

1. Clean up disk space because to proper update is needed about 15GB free space (or more)

2. Use KB13555 to revert dmi-schema to the original installed version

3. Use DMI_Schema_v215.pdf document to check and correct (if necessary) some critical values: heaps, retry, timeout (at gui client as well)

4. Make update to latest dmi scheme as usual.

That works.

Thanks,

Dmitry

• 5.  RE: Schema Download Failed

Posted 12-14-2011 10:10

Are you using NSMxpress by any chance? Because this happeende to me countless times. The hard drives in the appliances are so extremely small that they can't cope with the large schema updates. Last time I had a JTAC guy clean up the mess and it took him 6 hours to get out NSM back on track. 

It's always the same with these schema updates. They fail very often. 

• 6.  RE: Schema Download Failed

Posted 12-14-2011 11:35
    No, my NSM under Linux. So I can use HDD any size. Closest plan is replace disk with more capacity. Mabyl it is possible on your appliance as well?