Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Space stuck in "JUNOS Space is starting..." after reboot

Posted 08-05-2012 08:28
      |   view attached

Hello,

I'm running Space 12.1 and I rebooted the Virtual Server, and now it seems to be stuck in "maintenance" mode. The screen that it has been stuck on for at least 2 days is the attached.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way that I can manually restart the services or get it back to normal? Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: Space stuck in "JUNOS Space is starting..." after reboot

Posted 08-07-2012 07:31

Hi,

You can try to maunal restart the JS services by  :

Use the following order of graceful “start” and “stop” of SPACE services   :

service jmp-watchdog  stop

service jmp-heartbeat stop -> only in case of  HA . This is going to bring  the node out of cluster

service mysql stop

service nma stop

service https stop

service jboss stop

When starting the services , use the following order :

service jmp-watchdog start

service jmp-hearbeat start -> only when in HA

The first service "jmp-watchdog" automatically starts the other services as well.

For eg , mysql,jboss etc  and then monitor the "watchdog " file present under

/var/log  by using "tail -f watchdog "

In case jboss and mysql still fails to start , start them forecfully using :

service jboss start

service mysql start

See if you gets some error message while starting the services.

After that if the server will again go to maintenance mode, there is a user called "maintenance" if you get the window to logout from "maintenance" mode then you should know the password for the same else you can reset it by http://kb.juniper.net/KB16853

--Pravin

• 3.  RE: Space stuck in "JUNOS Space is starting..." after reboot

Posted 08-29-2012 21:36

There is a lovely bug where, depending on the browser, you'll never get past the maintenance page unless you clear out your browser cache.  Or as the maintenance page says, clear the browser cache and close the browser.  I think there is a cookie set when the maintenance page loads that doesn't get cleared out.  Haven't seen it with the "JUNOS Space is starting..." page though.