Security

last person joined: 9 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Upgrading to NSM 2011.1s1 if you are already running 2011.1

Posted 12-15-2011 02:13

Hi,

in case anyone is wondering - Juniper haven't documented this anywhere and I needed to open a JTAC case - if you are running any 2011.1 version (base or patched) and you want to apply the new s1 patch release, make sure you install this as a full upgrade - as in installing a full new version. Applying the s1 release like one of the a-releases will not work.

Treat this as 2011.2.

I will give this a shot today and will let you know if anything bad comes up (which is to be expected).

• 2.  RE: Upgrading to NSM 2011.1s1 if you are already running 2011.1
    Best Answer

Posted 12-15-2011 07:47

Upgrade went through. Install scripts ran smoothly without any errors.

Install script disabled previous sshd config and created new one. Result: We were no longer able to login with our SSH keys. Easy to fix, but annoying. The install script shouldn't overwrite my custom configs.

The syslog daemon that is used to receive DMI device traffic logs in stream mode (SyslogOverUdp) did not start after first reboot. Had to manually restart DevSvr to make it start the syslog daemon. In the meantime, no traffic logs from SRXes could be received. No idea why it did that and I didn't feel like digging deeper. We'll see what happens when we reboot again.

Other than that, it looks good so far. It seems a little bit quicker overall (maybe because of the fresh boot though) and at first look, some annoying cosmetic bugs (like the search tooltip staying on screen multiple times) seem to be gone. 

Kudos to Juniper for the interim bug fix release. Hoping to see 2012.1 (aka the big bug fix release) soon.

• 3.  RE: Upgrading to NSM 2011.1s1 if you are already running 2011.1

Posted 12-16-2011 14:34

Thanks for sharing your experience. I marked this as a "solved thread" so it will go into KB and Twitter feeds (and a few Kudos as well 🙂

-Keith