Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  commit confirmed

Posted 05-28-2014 13:57

Hello , 2 questions:

1)_ Is is possible to change the commit confirmed timer before it finishes ?

Lets suppose Im trying a new config.

I do commit confirmed 10.

When I have 2 minutes remaining I decide to go for 10 mor minutes.

How to do (If I repeat the command it will add a rollback line ... that is not good).

2)_ Is it possible to cancel a commit confirmed timer ?

Lets suppose I do "commit confirmed 50".

I want to cancel the timer inmediatly , is that possible or I need to wait it to expire?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: commit confirmed
    Best Answer

Posted 05-30-2014 09:55

The operational level command "clear system commit" will clear a pending scheduled commit. 

I thought it would work on a commit confirmed but it does not. So there is no way to clear the timer. It makes some sense in that by letting it expire you are just "undoing" your work.

However if you are ok with your changes and just want to push the timer forward and not have another rollback created you can issue the "commit check" command which stops the timer and does the confirmation step also without incrementing your configs.

Hope this helps you.