Security

last person joined: 8 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  flows are showing in reverse in STRM

Posted 02-28-2012 10:39

source ip is showing as destination and destination as source...not sure what's the cause...anyone else seen it..

i was thinking my be asymetric routing or something but that should show as one sided flows ..not reverse..

if anyone has any insight into it, please share..TIA

• 2.  RE: flows are showing in reverse in STRM

Posted 02-28-2012 13:17

We have seen it too, but not recently, and we didn't nail down the cause.  Are you on STRM 2010 with one of the most recent patches?

• 3.  RE: flows are showing in reverse in STRM

Posted 02-28-2012 13:32

yes i'm on 2010 with recent patches..

and it's not all the flows that are showing this way but most..some are showing correctly..i have no idea where to even look..i had a support case open but didn't really get anywhere..they made it sound like this was normal.

• 4.  RE: flows are showing in reverse in STRM
    Best Answer

Posted 02-29-2012 06:40

I seem to remember something simular to this.

Under Admin, go into Flow Sources, and edit your source.

Untick the box 'Enable Asymetric Flows'.

This may be unrelated, I'm going back a couple of years...

Sam.

• 5.  RE: flows are showing in reverse in STRM

Posted 02-29-2012 16:28

And let us know if you can tie it to any particular type of flow source too. We have all type of flow types that we can look at and compare. It's obviously not related to release and patch level.

• 6.  RE: flows are showing in reverse in STRM

Posted 03-02-2012 09:14

"Enable asymetric flows" is unchecked for all sources except jflow. i unchecked it for jflow as well and will watch it

it looks like syslog and dns flows are showing up in reverse

• 7.  RE: flows are showing in reverse in STRM

Posted 03-02-2012 22:26

looks like that fixed the problem..thanks..much appreciated.