Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  push attack database from NSM to ISG 2000

Posted 06-16-2015 04:26

Hi

ISG 2000 cluster is added to NSM, and NSM device updated to latest attack database version(2506) and isg 2000 was updated with screen os is 6.3 and engin detector is 3.5 .

now when i want push attack database to isg 200 from this path :Device >>deep inspection/IDP>>update attack database

in sigpack window there isn't device to select and update.

• 2.  RE: push attack database from NSM to ISG 2000
    Best Answer

Posted 06-16-2015 22:03

Hi,

As far as I know you have to do the following :

The detector engine can be downloaded from NSM. To download the latest detector engine and also the signature updates, go to Tools > View/Update NSM Attack Database.

You can push the detector engine to the device

• Go to Devices > IDP Detector Engine > Load IDP Detector Engine; this will update the device with the latest detector engine.

You need to update  / push the policy again to the device after loading the new detector engine

•  when the new detector engine is pushed to the device, remember to update the policy on the ISG-IDP/Standalone IDP.

Pushing a new policy to the IDP device will update only the attack signatures, not the detector version.  

More info :

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB9773

and here :

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB9769

Hope this helps a bit

• 3.  RE: push attack database from NSM to ISG 2000

Posted 06-16-2015 22:20

do you know about vsys profile?

can you help me to set parameter value?