Management
Visitor
hoangvt@vntt.com.vn

time stores log files on NSM

[ Edited ]

Hi

At the present, I get some problems with log files on NSM. I don't know exactly time that log file can be stored. I configure on GUI client as image below

Can you explain this image

+ Action on logs: I really don't understand difference between "Archive and purge" and "purge". Can you explain to me, please?

+ Number of days to retain logs: I think this number isn't value. because number of days to retain to depend on free space hardware.

+Archive location: I don't understand that. Because, as I know, log files are saved in /usr/netscreen/DevSvr/logs/

And a problem is:

I don't know " archive and purge" value. I see that value increases follow day.  what dose it mean that and what can I set with that???

Please, help me

Thanks so much

Super Contributor
Moerkholt

Re: time stores log files on NSM

Hi

+ Action on logs: I really don't understand difference between "Archive and purge" and "purge". Can you explain to me, please?

You can choose to either backup the logs, and then delete it, or just delete the logs.

+ Number of days to retain logs: I think this number isn't value. because number of days to retain to depend on free space hardware.

This is a question of what comes first.

If you hit the disk limit before 15 days, then it will take the action configured under disk limit.

If you hit the retention limit then the older logs will be purged.

+Archive location: I don't understand that. Because, as I know, log files are saved in /usr/netscreen/DevSvr/logs/

When you archive(backup) the logs, you can do it in another directory on the server og on an NFS mount.

You can also choose to sftp or ftp the logs to another server.

Regards

Hans
JNCIS-FWV

If this worked for you then please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit from it. A kudo would be nice if you think I earned it
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.