Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  vJSA Install Help

Posted 12-27-2016 04:51

I've managed to get a VM built and get through the initial setup for the vJSA (trying to get one working in our lab for testing). When I get to the "select appliance ID" the list is 2 pages long and the instructions only say "Select the appliance ID and select NEXT" - not a lot of help guys 🙂

So if I'm basically trying to setup what I have in production - JSA3800 - what would I select? I've tried "8000 LA Log Analytics "All-in-One"" but that didn't seem to work. I figured before I just start trying each one, I'd ask in case anyone else has managed to get one installed.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: vJSA Install Help

Posted 12-27-2016 06:03

Hello,

Can you check the link below (Chapter 4 onwards for Virtual Appliances)?

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/jsa2014.8/information-products/topic-collections/jsa-installation-guide.pdf

Regards,

Rushi

• 3.  RE: vJSA Install Help

Posted 12-27-2016 06:17

Thanks for the link but that is the document I downloaded already and am using as the reference to set it up. There is no explanation in there as to what the different Appliance IDs do and how they compare to the hardware.

When I set it up as an all-in-one log collector, thinking that's pretty much what my production JSA3800 is, I don't get the same web interface - some of the tabs are missing at the top. So I figured I installed the wrong app-id which is why I asked here.

• 4.  RE: vJSA Install Help

Posted 12-27-2016 07:54

Hello,

In the section 'Overview of Supported Virtual Appliances' you will get clearer picture I think. Even table on page 23-24 should give more information.

Regards,

Rushi

• 5.  RE: vJSA Install Help
    Best Answer

Posted 12-28-2016 07:56

The documentation for the installation of the vJSA does not give any table that equates desired fuction to the list of options during the install. I did manage to find a JSA3800 hardware document that had the same install proceedure and it showed a screen shot of the install and what to pick from the menu (which as I said was 2 pages long); in this case the Threat Analysis All-In-One or Console.

Once I got that solved, I've been off and running. I'm sure I'll have other hurdles but at least it's installed.

• 6.  RE: vJSA Install Help

Posted 01-03-2017 20:30

HI,

You can refer: https://kb.juniper.net/KB14832