Pulse Secure formerly SSL VPN
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Trusted Contributor

Re: Andorid Support

i dont think i like how they did this version of pulse different from windows and iphone, this version just takes you to your portal page and you log in, there is no difference if you open your browser and log yourself into your secure portal.

the windows or iphone version allows you to enter the SA url, and user name and password, you click connect and it establishes connection in the background, then you go whereever you need to go.

Power On
http://vology.com
Visitor

Agreed. And with android tablets around the corner being able to just launch bookmarks (that is much much slower than logging into the portal through a web browser on the phone btw) there is really no point in pulse on the android. I have opened tickets about this and have confirmed that this is not going to happen on the android at least not yet. Hopefully someone at juniper will say Hey, Guys --- We really dropped the ball on this one. We should get this out pretty quick.

Contributor

Hmm.. Is there a difference between the iPhone and iPodTouch versions? I only have an iPodTouch, and I do not have the option for the Pulse client to save any information besides the URL. Are there two versions out there? Since we have a Cisco ASA/VPN server, we probably won't use the Juniper for iOS users, but we will for Android until they get a Cisco compatable client out...
Visitor

Hmm... yes, I was expecting to get IP access like I do from my computer (and like the IPhone folks do).  However, it appears I can only access things from the Portal page.  Not useful for SSH'ing from ConnectBot Smiley Sad

Am I missing something?

Visitor

[ Edited ]

FYI, per the SSL_VPN twitter page (which I think is run by Juniper), "L3 VPN is coming".  Just just sit tight boys & girls.

Contributor

Without L3 support on the Pulse Cleint, what does it really give Android users? I've never tried one, but can't you get the normal web-portal things with a generic browser anyway?
Visitor

Yup, not sure.  You can get to other internal websites via the JunOS Plus browser I guess (stuff not exposed on your portal).

Contributor

This release is a total let down. I'm not sure why Juniper even bothered to release it. If you have the browse functionality enabled then there is not additional functionality added from the "client". The iOS client is infinitely more useful than the android client. Until the android client gets vpn capability there is no point in installing it.
Visitor

I'm trying to get my motorola android phones to work with this junos pulse client that users downloaded via the market.

IVE version 6.4R1 (build 14063) on my SA4000 appliance. All realms are set to auto launch network connect and provide access to various role and ACLs.

I followed the isntructions here and created the additional pages and assigned the login realms to them.

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17749&smlogin=true

The network connect application does not launch. Users reflect that they are logged into the ssl vpn site, but no network connect IP is assigned to their device.

As of today, 11.1.10, has anyone been able to get their android device connected without upgrading to IVE version 7.0?

Thank you.

Visitor

Couldn't agree more. Pulse client is COMPLETELY useless without L3 access. I spent ALL DAY getting this configured and installed using cert auth and after finally making it work... I'm completely disappointed. If you just want SSL proxy go ahead and install but if you want network extension to access or manage systems at your organization, dont bother installing. Juniper, please provide better information to your customers regarding functionality of software especially 'lack of functionality;. Cheers.

Visitor

One more thing... I already went through the effort of documenting the process of importing user certs and priv keys for our customer android devices... why can't the software simply use the cert and keys in the secure store of the android? Having to manually seperate the user cert and priv keys, convert them into DER format, and copy them to the device storage card is pointless and unnecessary when the android platform already provide a secure store for these credentials.

Trusted Contributor

ok so i met with some juniper reps/engineers a few days ago and was informed ( and this made perfect sense to me) the issue is not so much with Pulse as it is with DROID not allowing it root access.  so as soon as its allowed we should see pulse work the way it should.  p.s. rooting your phone wont make a difference right now as the app is not written that way..

Power On
http://vology.com

Here is a link for adding L3 VPN support into Android for application developers for any who would like to help and star this request:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=12578

Visitor

Hi,

My customer is asking me for junos pulse support on
samsung galaxy tab http://galaxytab.samsungmobile.com/
Can this work?

Thanks in advance

Aner Sagi CISSP

I am not aware of any limitations with specific Android devices.

He will need to download the application and test; if there are issues with access, please contact JTAC.

As mentioned earlier, though, please remember that there is no L3 VPN support on Android.

New User

So it still do not support on Andorid platform?

how to use it?

Re: Android Support

Yes, that is correct, there is no L3 VPN allowed on Android (by Google; this feature is just not present).

The Pulse for Android client allows access to intranet-based bookmarks from within the client.

Distinguished Expert

zanyterp wrote:

Here is a link for adding L3 VPN support into Android for application developers for any who would like to help and star this request:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=12578

When adding your "vote" for this feature just click on the * to index the count.  This is a technical issue list for the actual developers of Android.  They have requested that we only post TECHNICAL comments to the issue tracker not general requests for the feature in the comments.

Please do vote and let them know we want this functionality but they are finding the non-technical comments annoying and not helpful.

Steve Puluka BSEET
Juniper Ambassador
Senior IP Engineer - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA
JNCIA-ER JNCIA-EX JNCIS-SEC JNCIP-SEC JNCSP-SEC
JNCIS-FWV JNCIS-SSL JNCDA
JNCIS-SP
ACE PanOS 6
MCP - Managing Server 2003 MCP - Windows XP Professional
MCTS Windows 7
http://puluka.com/home
Contributor

[ Edited ]

If anyone from Juniper is watching this thread...

Has there been no discussion from Google on this topic? I cannot imagine that they would not have any interest in adding L3 VPN functionality, and if they did, certainly they would be talking to a big player like Juniper.

Re: Android Support

You would think so; but I don't know and doubt they have. The way the Android development group works is through seeing what people want. In order to do that, bugs/requests are filed and people vote on them to be added (see the link previously provided).