12-01-2010 09:53 AM
I have OWA 2010 with SP1 on Exchange 2010 running just fine using the template in 7.0r3 (no modifications) but i noticed the following and was wondering if anyone else has:
1) With "display new mail notification" turned on, OWA hangs for a few seconds and then new mail shows up. OWA is not usable in this fashion if you recieve a lot of email due to freezing.
2) The Options button when in mail, once clicked, takes a few seconds to actually display all the available options, usable but a nuisance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-06-2010 04:20 PM
Check release notes at http://www.juniper.net/support/products/sa/7.0/
4. OWA 2010 critical error with Firefox v.368 browser. (550925)
If you find it a regression (working in older release and issues with newer code) please file a ticket.
12-07-2010 04:14 AM - edited 12-07-2010 04:15 AM
Thanks I should have clarified, this is all in IE8, IE7 and firefox- the critical error mentioned in the notes is a separate error.
01-18-2011 01:43 PM
Did you ever resolve your performance issue? We are experiencing a similar problem. Most of the OWA 2010 dropdown menus take multiple seconds to display via the IVE using IE 7 and IE8. I opened a case with JTAC, but they are not being very helpful on this one.
01-18-2011 02:40 PM
Hey Russ, I have not been able to resolve. The only the way to address it, or make it a little better, is to turn off all notifications and auto spell check.
I have been slammed with finishing up the rest of our virtualization project, but i will open a jtac case on this as well and see if we can get some resolution.
01-19-2011 07:21 AM
I know you mention the issue occurring in 7.0R3 does this issue still occur in 7.0R4? We are working on upgrading to Exchange 2010SP1 and want to make sure from a VPN route we will still be able to access Webmail successfully, as I had been looking at upgrade to 7.0R4 from 6.5R2 as well as not sure if OWA 2010 works in 6.5.
01-19-2011 12:46 PM
Thanks for the reply, Mike. I submitted all of my logs, traces, captures and screen shots to JTAC to day. Hopefully we'll get some traction soon.
FYI...I'm also on 7.0R4.
02-03-2011 02:21 PM
Have you gotten anywhere with JTAC on this issue? My case, 2011-0118-0666, has been open for two weeks now and I've heard almost nothing from JTAC. I escalated the case yesterday...
02-04-2011 05:38 AM
Yes, just yesterday as your note was a reminder... my network admin got a hold of jtac and they gave us a filter to apply for re-writing. Looks like it is a known bug since the filter calls it that. Here is what the filter looks like once installed:
We applied it to both our lab unit running 7.0r4 and production unit running 7.0r3 and it seems to have done the job, still testing fully, but on the surface much improved.
Reference that bug and they should be able to get the filter for you..
03-04-2011 02:59 PM
I see slow performance using Outlook2010sp1 through my SA's. I'm looking into the rewrite filter but I'm not sure it will help. The KB that mentions the filter:KB Article says that this bug should be fixed in 7.1. My dev box is running 7.1 and still sees this issue. The main problem is right clicking on a message or selecting the Actions menu causes a 2-3 second delay. I also see a minor error in the OWA UI. There is a warning Icon on the menue bar at the top. Mail > Drafts 2 Items then the dome light with a red circle crossed through. Clicking on the icon gives the error: Error: Notifications couldn't be retrieved.
03-02-2012 01:05 AM
The rewrite policy that fixed the performance issue:
Action: Don't rewrite content: Redirect to target web server
08-15-2012 04:19 AM
I have a rewriting filter *:*/owa/*/scripts/premium/*.js the menu is fast and works , but options , sign off are not working when this is active.
when i remove rewriting filter , it's all working but owa 2010 is then slow