12-12-2011 01:04 AM - edited 12-12-2011 10:36 PM
we have our users working from home with a SA-2500 7.0R2 SSL VPN . They start a remote desktop session from within the juniper enviroment to our Terminal servers. This works great. Recently we have enabled the Microsoft function, easy print. What this does is it maps the client local printer in the remote desktop session. This works for about 98% of our users. However for the 2% that doesn't work, it does work with the windows client. MSTSC directly to the terminal server. So it doesn't work with the juniper rdp client but it does work with the microsoft client. How is this possible? is this a certain setting I missed?
The faulty users all use windows 7 x64. But its proven on other clients that this isn't a problem.
03-14-2012 11:03 PM
Windows Easyprint isnt supported by juniper RDP client, and thats it.
Juniper SSL-VPN has their own solution called easyprint, but that means you need to get a license for the advanced RDP applet. And the easyprint function isnt liked by the users since the user needs to select printer everytime they print.
I dont know why Windows easyprint doesnt, work, but i sure hope juniper will fix it.
- The HOB EasyPrint feature provides support for virtually any printer on the market; without having to install the driver for each printer on the WTS.
- Print data is processed on the server using a standard driver and converted by the applet for output on a local or network printer.
- The HOB EasyPrint feature is not the same as the Microsoft EasyPrint feature. The Microsoft EasyPrint feature is currently not supported via the Juniper HOB Applet.
- The HOB EasyPrint feature depends on a generic HP print driver (HP DeskJet 1120C); so, this print driver needs to be installed on the Remote Desktop Server.
- By default, the HP DeskJet 1120C print driver is installed on Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers. By default, They are also installed on WIndows XP and Windows Vista clients.
- However, you will need to install the above print drivers manually on Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 servers, using the Windows Update feature under Printers and Faxes.
03-21-2012 06:21 PM
Are the printer drivers installed on the terminal server successfully?