Pulse Secure formerly SSL VPN
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

SVW 64-bit Support?

Does anyone know when the SSL VPN will support 64-bit Operating Systems (Vista / 7) for Secure Virtual Workspace?  It's one of the few remaining features that is still without this support as of 6.5 and I'm getting increasing complaints from my user base of people having to downgrade their new computers in order to use our environment.  Will it be available in 7.0?

Thanks,

Contributor

Re: SVW 64-bit Support?

Hi Tessian,

Same problem here... Smiley Mad

Tks.

Fernando Silva
Sales Engineer
JNCIA-EX/ER/JUNOS/WX/FWV, JNCIS-ER/SEC/FWV
Juniper Employee

No committed plans at this time. But this is being investigated for a future release. No ETA at this time though.

New User

Really??  By now more than half of the company i work for CANNOT work remotely cause 64-bit OS is essentially all they can get/offered from computer vendors.

Contributor

Has anyone heard anything new on SVW support and Windows 7 64 bit?

Moderator Moderator

Please refer the below link which is the "supported platforms" document of 7.1 R1 which is the base release of the latest SA OS as of today.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/releasenotes/j-sa-sslvpn-7.1R1-supportedplatforms.pdf

Secure Virtual Workspace

Note: Secure virtual workspace is supported only on 32bit Operating systems

I have also checked on 7.1 R4 supported platforms and we have the same message

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/releasenotes/j-sa-sslvpn-7.1R4-supportedplatforms.pdf

Hope the above helps

Trusted Contributor

Hi ajacob,

i realy don't understand why juniper can't provide x64 support if the upstream provider does have this functionality in his productline!

SVW - OPSWAT

Regards,

NULL

Moderator Moderator

Please feel free to get in touch with the Juniper Sales who can help you with a enhancement request

OR

Contact Juniper Technical Assistance Center and open a ticket to get more information on this.

I will surely be in touch on this thread if I have more updates on the same. However, I am afraid, as of today, we dont have support yet.

Juniper Employee

SVW on 64 bits platforms will be supported in the next release (IVE OS 7.2) which should be ready beginning 2012.

It's currently in beta.

LSY
New User

End of March of 2012 and 64-bit is still not supported. When will be the release 7.2 available? Please give a reliable date!!!

For information on future support products and dates, please work with your SE; unfortunately, anything else is guessing. Unofficially it should be available by the end of April 2012; however, that can change.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found the fix for this on accident actually...With Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit there has to be a registry entry added. The path to the registry key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\DefaultDomainName. By default the Default Domain Name entry is missing from Win7. Add a new string value and type in DefaultDomainName. In the value data enter your Domain (ours is called Complink for instance) and save the the new string value. Install host checker and use the 32-bit version of IE to sign into your SVW. We are currently using this with no issues.

Hi JusttryIt,

Thank you for that nifty option to waiting for this to be available and supported. Please remember that it is not officially supported as a platform at this time; but glad to hear it is working for you in the interim.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

IVE OS 7.2 is released officially and you can download it from our support portal now.

and this version, 7.2, supports SVW with x64 OS

Moderator Moderator

Please do not download the IVE OS version 7.2R1 which is on the portal as of today as we have found some issues and we are coming out with a fix in next few days and the release version will be - 7.2R1.1.

Please wait for this 7.1 R1.1 to be posted. The tentative time for this release is in next 24 - 48 hours.

Moderator Moderator

Moderator Moderator

Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks