08-31-2011 02:05 AM
Error Message : “an error occured in the script on this page. Line 251 char 17. Value of property tryNeoterisStartup is null…
Has anybody seen this error when logging in to an SA? (from a user perspective so no admin)
Sorry, I do not have more details at the moment
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-01-2011 06:10 PM
Not yet; is this something that can be replicated on-demand?
If yes, please open a case with JTAC with the details so we can try to replicate.
09-03-2011 05:19 AM
Never mind ... issue was caused by someone upgrading an SA cluster with plenty of IVSs without checking for local admin rights or JIS first.
02-27-2012 08:42 PM
Hi sorry to open up an old thread but, this same thing is happening to me now after upgrading an SA2500 to 7.1R6. The Line # is different - "Line 318 Character 17" but otherwise it is the same error. The workaround is to launch network connect from the web interface, instead of the client. And, it has to be in FireFox, rather than IE. This just seems to affect PC users. Win 7 Pro.
How was this fixed for the other user? Thanks!
03-01-2012 12:30 PM
I don't have any host checker policies. "Auto-upgrade Host Checker" is checked, but if I read the documentation right, no host checking is active until there is a policy created in the Authorization | Endpoint Security section. Is that right?
03-01-2012 12:35 PM
Yes, you are correct.
It looks like you have found something new, but similar, behavior to an item I am familiar and apologize.
At this point your best approach will be to work with JTAC.
03-02-2012 02:33 PM
It looks like another workaround type fix is to uninstall NC, uninstall the Java plugin, reinstall the Java plugin, then reinstall NC. So far that seems to work.
03-28-2012 08:22 AM
I can replicate this issue if needed. I upgraded my entire Juniper IVE line to 7.1R4.1 when I moved all hardware to the MAG platform. It is always Windows 7, 64bit. And it is both external users home computers, and our corporate images.
It always clears itself up after a few days and they are able to install it.
We've tried around 20 potential "fixes" with no solid results. I received about a 30 step process to try on one PC that was having the issue that didn't work. Clearing the IE Cache, complete removal of NC and Java didn't work, total uninstall along with registry entries didn't work. Out of my user base of around 8000 users, around 15 had this script issue in the days following the upgrade. The UK upgrade with the smaller user base had one person that had the issue, and he was able to suddenly install it after a day of trying. Also tried firefox and using the direct installers as well with same results. Currently I have one user experiencing the script error that has not been on since the upgrade that I have doing the above fix on as I write this. I do not expect it to work for him though.
One thing we did notice is that all of them had already disabled the UAC and had it set to never notify. Once we had them slide it up away from "Never Notify" it seemed to work because they were able to OK the change that needed to happen. Not sure if this is it or not though. We are still scrambeling to figure it out whenever one pops up. Also, if NC is installed by the local admin on a machine receiving the script error, it installs fine and works for the user.