Routing
Trusted Contributor
wendohw

Advance IP/MPLS Router

Hi,

Anyone who can match a Juniper equivalent of the attached specs of an advanced IP/MPLS router ?

And is it possible to have such detailed Datasheets (as attached) for Juniper routers? So far, the M/MX/T series don't show as much details.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Kudos are always appreciated!
Distinguished Expert
keithr

Re: Advance IP/MPLS Router

This seems like something that should be put on on the street in the form of an RFP, and/or speak with sales reps / VARs from the companies with whom you are interested in evaluating their products.

-kr

---
If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.
Super Contributor
ronf

Given your relatively high 10-gig port count (24 per my reading of the RFP), I would think you would have to go with an MX-240 with 2 x 16-port 10-gig line cards and redundant routing engines.  I did not do a complete anaylsis of all of the features, but that is what I read.  The requirements are really quite confusing though as you have two seperate interface sections, one with 20 ports of 1-gig / 10-gig, and another that says 4 ports of 10-gig...  Also, with 24-ports of 10-gig, the throughput requirements are only 600Mbps???  Something here just doesn't add up.  If the 20-ports can all be 1-gig, and there really only needs to be 4 ports of 10-gig, then the midrange MX series might fit the bill.  Something like an MX-40 or MX-80.

Ron

JNCIE-SEC #127
Contributor
jackycheung

It should be MX240 more suitable for the requirments. MX80 can't fullfill it because they requested RE failover. 

JNCIP-SP/ENT/SEC
Super Contributor
ronf

Good catch on the RE failover.  I didn't look at all the requirements, but something still doesn't really add up on the whole requirement list to me.

JNCIE-SEC #127
Contributor
Caillin

Sounds like the EX8200 might be targetted here - very low counts for IP Route scale but still want 1 Million Macs.

Also if I remember correctly you need to have an MX960 fully loaded with SCBs to get the full 1 Million MACs with redundancy???

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.