Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  BGP Community with 4 byte AS number

Posted 10-24-2013 01:06

Hello Experts

Can any one guide me how to define the BGP community with 4-byte AS number. It would be the same format as below:

AS:NUMBER

like 123456789:110

Thanks

• 2.  RE: BGP Community with 4 byte AS number

Posted 10-24-2013 01:19
    I kindly suggest you to look at the documentation.

• 3.  RE: BGP Community with 4 byte AS number

Posted 10-24-2013 02:31

Have you tried doing a search for Juniper articles relating to your question? Or taking the JIR - Junos Intermediate Routing which will help you learn a lot plus give you lab exercises? For example i just did a search from your quesion and this was the first Juniper article 

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.2/topics/concept/4-byte-as-numbers-communities.html

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Routing/Route-Tags-lost-through-IBGP/m-p/61204

Seems like you have a good case to get a Juniper consultant to help you deploy the product.

• 4.  RE: BGP Community with 4 byte AS number

Posted 10-24-2013 03:12

Hello

I know JUNOS very well. What I am asking here is not basic stuff !! My AS is public with 4 bytes and I want to advertise IPV4/IPV6 pool to one of our partner with community tag. Partner is using 2 byte AS number. BGP neibhourship is up and running.

With 2 bytes AS number, community definition is very easy and very common. BGP extended communities are used normally for MPLS VPN services (target, origin etc)

I did not find single example for Juniper to use BGP extended community for 4 byte as number other than in MPLS services. Thats why I asked question here !

• 5.  RE: BGP Community with 4 byte AS number

Posted 10-24-2013 10:04
    lyndidon gave you the answer:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.2/topics/concept/4-byte-as-numbers-communities.html

If you take the time to experience yourself, you will see that it works and is supported in extended communities like route targets, but that notation is not supported for standard communities (at least yet).

• 6.  RE: BGP Community with 4 byte AS number
    Best Answer

Posted 10-26-2013 04:05

Again, We are providing you with links that will explain the questions the ask. On the very link posted, if you look at the links to the side, here is one:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.2/topics/concept/4-byte-as-numbers-path.html

If you read it and then say, it does not apply and here is why, we can go on from there.

• 7.  RE: BGP Community with 4 byte AS number

Posted 05-16-2016 06:14

guys

just looking for the standard communitty to  to have 4byte as number  with 2 bytes value . I dont think its possinle .

Extended communitues can do it but not standard ..

[edit policy-options community transit-t1-34 members]
    '1342930876:34'
    invalid autonomous system value at '1342930876' not in range 0 to 65535
    error: configuration check-out failed

[edit policy-options community peer-comm]
    lab@vmx-R1# set members 1342930876L:34

lab@vmx-R1# show | display set
    set policy-options community peer-comm members 1342930876L:34

lab@vmx-R1# top

[edit]