Routing

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  BGP SYNCHRONISATION

Posted 08-10-2013 11:16

Hi,

I want to check the no synchronisation and no auto summary in BGP packets. In which packet should i check for these informations - (Open/update message ?) please help me

• 2.  RE: BGP SYNCHRONISATION

Posted 08-10-2013 11:54

And also help me to find the route reflector flag in bgp packets

• 3.  RE: BGP SYNCHRONISATION

Posted 08-10-2013 15:34

Hi,

Synchronization is old concept does not make sense in modern MPLS network and, most of the network equipment vendors disabled it by default, auto-summary is also disabled by default, both of these are local to the device.

Route reflector add originator ID in ORIGINATOR_ID field and cluster ID in the CLUSTER_LIST field, both of these attributed can be see the BGP update messages.

Regards

Satinder 

• 4.  RE: BGP SYNCHRONISATION

Posted 08-11-2013 03:09

if same routes are propagated from 2 clients , will the route reflector propagates it?

As i checked in  the router, it wont. WIll you please tell me why ?

• 5.  RE: BGP SYNCHRONISATION
    Best Answer

Posted 08-11-2013 03:36

Hi,

If route reflector receive same route from 2 different client, it will reflect the best route based on the BGP best path selection algorithm.

Regards

Satinder Singh

• 6.  RE: BGP SYNCHRONISATION

Posted 08-10-2013 13:27
    Synchronization (obsolete) and auto-summary are local concepts, no signaling involved. Route reflectors set the cluster Id attribute in the updates.