Routing

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  BGP label allocation failure: protocols mpls not enabled on interface

Posted 09-22-2011 22:00
      |   view attached

Hi Juniper's,

I am trying to replicate the topology in this link (Configuring Interprovider L3VPB Option C):

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos/topics/example/mpls-vpn-option3-configuration.html.

The configuration is attached. I am using Qemu as my lab.

The problem is when I show route that should be advertised from ASBR1 to PE1, it is not advertised with this error:

root# run show route advertising-protocol bgp 2.2.2.2 logical-system ASBR-1 detail 

* 7.7.7.7/32 (1 entry, 1 announced)
     BGP group to_PE-1 type Internal
         BGP label allocation failure: protocols mpls not enabled on interface
         Nexthop: Not advertised
         Flags: Nexthop Change
         MED: 2
         Localpref: 100
         AS path: [100] 200 I

I dont know whether it is caused by Qemu limitiation or it's something wrong or less confifured in my config.

Can someone advice me what's wrong and what to do next.

Thanks,

NWS

Attachment(s)

txt
    labeled-unicast.txt   11 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: BGP label allocation failure: protocols mpls not enabled on interface
    Best Answer

Posted 09-22-2011 22:31

The problem is that you forgot to add em1.4 to "protocols mpls" on ASBR1. Add it and enjoy 🙂

• 3.  RE: BGP label allocation failure: protocols mpls not enabled on interface

Posted 09-27-2011 20:49

Hi Dumitru,

Yes, it works.

So the example configuration in the link I provided before is not complete at all, right? Since in that example they don't put the interface between ASBR1 and ASBR2 in to protcols mpls stanza.

Thanks anyway