Routing

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Can you configure interfaces that do not yet exist?

Posted 01-28-2010 06:38

On J-Series I am attempting to pre-build a cluster configuration before actually creating the cluster. I am receiving errors when attempting to pre-configure the interfaces that do not yet exist. Does anyone know how to do this?

root@router1# set ge-9/0/0

fpc value outside range 0..6 for '9/0/0' in 'ge-9/0/0'.

• 2.  RE: Can you configure interfaces that do not yet exist?

Posted 01-28-2010 07:35

Yes - you can add interfaces that don't exist yet. That is a standard feature.

• 3.  RE: Can you configure interfaces that do not yet exist?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-28-2010 08:30

@tekemp wrote:

On J-Series I am attempting to pre-build a cluster configuration before actually creating the cluster. I am receiving errors when attempting to pre-configure the interfaces that do not yet exist. Does anyone know how to do this?

root@router1# set ge-9/0/0

fpc value outside range 0..6 for '9/0/0' in 'ge-9/0/0'.

You can.  But, with the limitation that the fpc # actually exists in the chassis-type you are configuration it on.  Since the current device is limited to 7 slots [0-6], you will not be able to configure ..-9/./. until slot 9 exists in the device.  This is expected behavior.

Regards,

Ben

• 4.  RE: Can you configure interfaces that do not yet exist?

Posted 11-13-2015 02:05

Hi,

Great info provided.  I am preparing configuration for Juniper SRX240 and when assigning "set interfaces ge-5/0/1 gigether-options redundant-parent reth0" I get the same error since the fpc number does ot exist on 240... How would you suggest I go about it?

Thanks

Chris.

• 5.  RE: Can you configure interfaces that do not yet exist?

Posted 11-16-2015 20:20

enable the cluster on the first node should do the trick