Routing

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  CoS Base Forwarding and VRF

Posted 09-22-2014 05:52

Dear All,

I wish to set-up a CBF for a VRF instance in order to choose a specific LSP when different kind of flow ingress the vrf interface.

I tryed in my lab without success.

I have attached the lab schema and configuration.

Could anyone give me some help, please?

Best regards

Antonio

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: CoS Base Forwarding and VRF

Posted 09-22-2014 09:25

Hi,

Although you don't show the policy LOAD-BALANCING I assume it just does a then load-balance per-packet.

I would configure this policy as the last one: export [ lsp-mapping LOAD-BALANCING ]. First you explicitely map some traffic to some LSPs and for all the other traffic you load-balance.

Also in the policy lsp-mapping your both terms have the same from condition. This means that the second term won't be applied.

--
    If this post solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".
    Kudos are appreciated

• 3.  RE: CoS Base Forwarding and VRF

Posted 09-22-2014 12:06

Hi Pantunes,

yes you are right (sorry about the lack of information) the LOAD-BALACINGING  policy is per-packet.

I have done what you suggest but I cannot map the specif flow to the LSP, I mean I see 2 LSP destinated to the same PE 10.130.0.5 in the routing and forwarding table but I cannot inject a specific flow (in my case from source 10.130.72.33) over YELLOW LSP.

Maybe the FF il wrong?

My goal is simple try to inject certain VRF traffic types to different paths in my MPLS network.

BR

Antonio

• 4.  RE: CoS Base Forwarding and VRF

Posted 09-22-2014 13:28

Hi,

are the PEs exchanging routes directly or is it through a route reflector? Your match condition from neighbor 10.130.0.5 expects that there are no route reflectors in the middle

Also the community KASAT-R6-HUB-CENTALLO is applied on the export policy on the remote PE, right?

--
    If this post solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".
    Kudos are appreciated

• 5.  RE: CoS Base Forwarding and VRF

Posted 09-23-2014 02:31

Hi,

I'm using route reflector servers so I have deleted the match condition [from neighbor 10.130.0.5] but nothing has changed.

Yes the community KASAT-R6-HUB-CENTALLO is exported by remote PE.

However I was able to do that in another lab in which the only different is in CoS queue:

@MX-BAP-bck> show configuration class-of-service

forwarding-policy {

next-hop-map Arg-traffic {

forwarding-class TC {

lsp-next-hop RED;

}

forwarding-class best-effort {

lsp-next-hop MAD1RT05_to_TOR1RT56;

}

forwarding-class network-control {

lsp-next-hop MAD1RT05_to_TOR1RT56; }

}

}

forwarding-classes { queue 1 TC; }

and I see

@MX-BAP-bck> sh route forwarding-table table KST-6 destination 10.130.128.0                
    Routing table: KST-6.inet
    Internet:
    Destination        Type RtRef Next hop           Type Index NhRef Netif
    10.130.128.0/24    user     0                    indr 1048586     2
                                                     idxd  1043     2
                       idx:1      10.130.2.86       Push 16, Push 299776(top)  1181     1 lt-1/2/10.10
                       idx:3      10.130.2.189      Push 16, Push 300208(top)  1044     2 lt-1/2/10.9
                       idx:xx     10.130.2.189      Push 16, Push 300208(top)  1044     2 lt-1/2/10.9

I hope it help.

Regards

Antonio

• 6.  RE: CoS Base Forwarding and VRF
    Best Answer

Posted 09-23-2014 02:56

Hi all

I have fixed.

The problem was on match condition in the lsp-mapping policy: I hade from rib vrf-table.

I have remove it and all works as expected.

Thanks

Antonio