Routing
Contributor
Ribo
Accepted Solution

Configuring VPLS E-TREE where one spoke site is on the same PE as the Hubsite.

MX480 - 9.2.R3.5

We are configuring Point to Multipoint (E-TREE) services using VPLS instances however we are running into and interesting issue.

When we have spoke sites that terminate on the same MX as the hubsite we can't obviously set import/export targets here as they are on the same PE so we use local-switching however by doing this we open all these sites up to not only being able to pass traffic between themselves but also to all other targeted Hubsites on other PE's.

Does anyone know of a way to manipuate a local-switching domain into a hub and spoke architecture and secondly, to prevent all but the Hubsite from passing traffic to VPLS defined spoke sites?

Thanks

R./

Contributor
Ribo

Re: Configuring VPLS E-TREE where one spoke site is on the same PE as the Hubsite.

I found a solution to this so thought I'd share it!.... The "core-facing" command.

>> interfaces ge-0/0/0 {

>> flexible-vlan-tagging;

>> encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;

>> unit 0 { >> family vpls {

>> core-facing;                       <<< on your spoke interface of the >> Hub PE

Contributor
MBazama

Re: Configuring VPLS on M160

Hello there,

I have recently upgraded M160 from JUNOS 7.3 to 9.6 to use Inter-AS VPLS feature, which was first interduced in Junos 9.5. However, whenever I want to configure VPLS statement under routing-instant, the software tells me that this plateform is not supported.

If anyone has a solution to this problem, please let me know

Thanks very much for your support

Visitor
Jarlskov

Re: Configuring VPLS E-TREE where one spoke site is on the same PE as the Hubsite.

Ribo wrote:

I found a solution to this so thought I'd share it!.... The "core-facing" command.

>> interfaces ge-0/0/0 {

>> flexible-vlan-tagging;

>> encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;

>> unit 0 {

>> family vpls {

>> core-facing;                       <<< on your spoke interface of the >> Hub PE

We also tried this and it works perfectly.

However, when we connected two spoke-interfaces to the Hub PE, I was surprised to see that these two "core-facing" interfaces was actually allowed to communicate.

Have anyone else tried this?

--

Best regards,

Lasse Jarlskov

Systems architect - IP

Telenor DK

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.