Routing

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Do we have show ipv6 bgp summary command?

Posted 06-23-2016 08:18

Do we have show ipv6 bgp summary command? Thank you

• 2.  RE: Do we have show ipv6 bgp summary command?

Posted 06-23-2016 08:25

Hi eesunj,

show bgp ipv6 summary

Please find the below link with details of this command;

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junose13.2/topics/reference/command-summary/show-bgp-ipv6-summary.html

show bgp ipv6 neighbors

Please find the below link with details of this command;

https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junose16.1/topics/reference/command-summary/show-bgp-ipv6-neighbors.html

• 3.  RE: Do we have show ipv6 bgp summary command?

Posted 06-23-2016 08:31

If you are not running JunosE software then you can see the the ipv6 bgp summary under below command itself;

>show bgp summary

• 4.  RE: Do we have show ipv6 bgp summary command?

Posted 06-23-2016 09:35

show bgp ipv6 summary cannot work on my device. so we do not have a specific command for ipv6 in this situation. only way to do is show bgp summary. Thank you

• 5.  RE: Do we have show ipv6 bgp summary command?
    Best Answer

Posted 06-23-2016 09:38

Hi, 

Looks like "show bgp ipv6 summary" is available on ERX devices only [JunosE]. I don't see it on an MX.

Also, it is possible to exchange inet6 routes over v4 peers, so I guess its the table inet6.0 under the BGP peer that is more important? It seems to be along the same logic that there is no "show ip route" or "show ipv6 route" in Junos but rather "show route table inet.0" and "show route table inet6.0".

Interesting to see if such a command is introduced in the future. I feel this may be needed especially when you want to list ipv6 neighbors only.

Cheers,

Ashvin

• 6.  RE: Do we have show ipv6 bgp summary command?

Posted 06-23-2016 12:37

Thank you