Routing
Contributor
BeaverMan

FXS/FXO supported routers

Hi guys, one of our potential client wants to have his router (that comes with an FXS module card) changed in favor of a Juniper router.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether Avaya is still producing the FXS module cards for the J series routers or not, or is there any other routers which supports FXS module cards? Because I heard there is minimal to no demand here in Malaysia, so much so that Avaya might not be producing/shipping any of such module cards here.

Thanks!

Contributor
Mauricio Oliveira

Re: FXS/FXO supported routers

I have the same problem here in Brazil.
Juniper does not have any plan to support these modules into SRX family, our SE says.
I can't believe that.  It sounds like a crazy product direction, while Cisco's gain market share in 'media gateway' area. We have 2 big Service Provider clients and we can't offer a complete solution. So they buy Cisco because they does not HAVE ANY OTHER roboust solution.

Contributor
BeaverMan

Yeah I heard that from our local Juniper office as well. I wonder why Juniper aren't providing any more FXS/FXO modules anymore for their routers or SRX series.

Trusted Contributor
acooley

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

I worked on a team of guys working with voice, and it boiled down to our partner in crime decided they didn't want to co-develop anymore. I'm sure you can guess who that was....The integrated convergance services product is on hold until those details get figured out or another partner identified.

We do support the SIP ALG today, for flow through the SRX but will not be supporting integrated FXS/FXO/Voice T1 at this time.

-Adam
Contributor
Mauricio Oliveira

thank you "acooley".

Juniper have any plan to continue this product calling "ICS" or this will be discontinued forever?

Please, give a good news for us. =]

Trusted Contributor
acooley

I wish I had something I could tell you. But alas nothing. If I find out anything I'll post it here.

-A

-Adam
Visitor
ddivins

The SRX ICS products have been recalled, please contact your Juniper rep for more details.

-dsd

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.