Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Fabric wedge problem in MX960 router

Posted 12-14-2012 04:06

Hello All,

We've got an MX960 router which was working normally until yesterday afternoon when it stopped processing and routing traffic between different networks on a campus. The routing protocol in use is OSPF but I suspect it's really not a routing problem but something to do with the 'fabric' in the router. When logged in from an out-of-band management interface, I get the same error repeatedly: 

essage from syslogd@NET-CR-MX960-01 at Dec 14 12:54:46  ...
    NET-CR-MX960-01 fpc0 Host Loopback:HOST LOOPBACK WEDGE DETECTED IN PFE 0

Message from syslogd@NET-CR-MX960-01 at Dec 14 12:54:49  ...
    NET-CR-MX960-01 fpc0 Host Loopback:Clearing Host Loopback Wedge on PFE 0

Does anyone know what this wedge condition is, and more importantly, how to fix it quickly?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Fabric wedge problem in MX960 router

Posted 12-14-2012 05:42

Hi.

Do you have any output filter configured in your MX?.

Can you send us the configuration?

Best regards.

• 3.  RE: Fabric wedge problem in MX960 router

Posted 12-17-2012 01:41
      |   view attached

Hi,

I'll try to send the recent configuration files as soon as possible. Sadly the router is in a remote location and I'm trying to assist a support engineer on site.

There may be some filters to redistribute static routes into OSPF on the router. I'm not very good at this sort of thing.

Regards.

Attachment(s)

txt
    MX960-1.txt   8 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Fabric wedge problem in MX960 router

Posted 04-03-2013 08:55

Hello,

I was able to resolve this when I visited the customer's site. All I had to do was reseat (remove and reinstall) the PIC and MIC in FPC0 which was the slot used. Once this was done, the fabric wedge error disappeared and the router is processing traffic. I guess this resets the traffic processing cards in the device. Easy as that! Smiley Happy

• 5.  RE: Fabric wedge problem in MX960 router

Posted 12-16-2012 14:15

Hey Paul,

What's the JUNOS version?

Cheers,

• 6.  RE: Fabric wedge problem in MX960 router

Posted 12-17-2012 01:30

Hi,

The current version is 11.2R4.3. Do you think an upgrade could provide a quick fix?

Regards.