Routing

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Filter-Based Forwarding. Is this what I need

Posted 01-11-2012 17:00

Hello, I am using an ex4200 switch as the default gateway for devices on our LAN.  On this I have a default route pointing to our FW for Internet traffic.

I am bringing a new firewall online and would like to do some testing before going live.  What i am hoping to accomplish is this;

If the router sees a packet sourced from PC A's IP address, set the default GW to the new FW.  Otherwise use the default GW pointing towards the old firewall.  There are other routes in the routing table for our WAN and other vlans as well.

Would Filter-Based Forwarding accomplish this?  

I tried setting this up on an Olive and it didn't work as expected, but they may be a limitation of the Olive.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Filter-Based Forwarding. Is this what I need

Posted 01-11-2012 20:43

Hi, 

Can you share your filter configurations...this should work in junos not sure of Olive though..

Thanks,

Gurpreet

• 3.  RE: Filter-Based Forwarding. Is this what I need
    Best Answer

Posted 01-12-2012 02:31

Dear

For FBF configuration make sure that your configuration is similar to this link

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos94/swconfig-routing/configuring-filter-based-forwarding.html#id-10890307

then configure firewall filter matches on source subnet and action routing-instance (don't forget to add term2 then accept) otherwise all traffic will be discard. Then attach this firewall filter in input direction on the LAN interface.

If your configuration similar to that could you please attached it

Thanks,

Mohamed Elhariry

JNCIE-M/T#1059, CCNP & CCIP

• 4.  RE: Filter-Based Forwarding. Is this what I need

Posted 01-16-2012 10:38

That did the trick.  I must have missed something before.  Thanks