Routing
Contributor
chrisp

How to route between a routing instance and a logical system

Hi,

I wish to implement routing between a routing-instance and a logical-system on the same MX, is this possible? If so how?

I have a Layer-3 MPLS VPN on my MX240 and also a logical-system (which provides internet transit). I want to route from the public IP's within the L3 MPLS VPN to the public IP's within the logical-system.

L3VPN_INTERNET {
    description "MPLS L3VPN for Customer Internet Access";
    instance-type vrf;
    interface ge-1/1/9.455;
    route-distinguisher 65001:455;
    vrf-target target:65001:455;
    vrf-table-label;
    routing-options {
        static {
            route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 83.166.164.46;     <--- This needs to be the logical-system
        }
    }
}

On the logical-system side I  guess I need to put static routes back to the VRF routing-instance in the non-logical-system router, however I'm not sure how to do this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Chris

Recognized Expert
benb

Re: How to route between a routing instance and a logical system

If you have a DPC installed in your MX-, you can configure a port to be a tunnel-services interface.

Configuring Layer 3 Tunnel Services Interfaces on MX-series Routers

Then configure the logical tunnel (lt-) interfaces in the logical-router and vrf instances.

Configuring Logical Tunnel Interfaces

If you've only installed FPC, and not a DPC, you will need to install a Tunnel PIC in the FPC. Or you could physically connect two interfaces on the router together, with one configured in the vrf instance, and one configured in the logical-router.

Regards,

Ben

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.