Routing

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Issue with SRX240 deployment

Posted 05-05-2015 18:53
      |   view attached

I'm fairly new to Juniper SRX series and have been tasked with deploying two SRX240 in HA cluster for a new datacenter. The cluster is working and from the LAN (reth1.0), I'm able to SSH & Https into the SRX, but I cannot get to the internet from my laptop when connected to the LAN.

For troubleshooting purposes, I granted https access to the WAN (reth0.0) interface and can successfully manage the device from it's public IP.

I'm not sure what else could be missing, can anybody find any faults in my config or recommend best practices?

Thanks in advance

Attachment(s)

txt
    05052015v2.txt   5 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Issue with SRX240 deployment
    Best Answer

Posted 05-05-2015 20:04

Hello ,

As per the configuration I see that you do not have any Security  Policy configured from Trust to Untrust zone . By default Firewall blocks all traffic.

So Kindly create the security policy from Trust to Untrust allowing this internet traffic and it will work .

• 3.  RE: Issue with SRX240 deployment

Posted 05-05-2015 21:12

Thanks for your reply, for some reason I thought I had configured that policy. Looking at the config again, I think that I confused the source-NAT policy for a security policy.

I won't be able to test until tomorrow, but here's what I have added:

+    from-zone Trusted to-zone Untrusted {
    +        policy LAN-to-WAN {
    +            match {
    +                source-address any;
    +                destination-address any;
    +                application any;
    +            }
    +            then {
    +                permit;
    +            }
    +        }
    +    }

• 4.  RE: Issue with SRX240 deployment

Posted 05-05-2015 21:21

Hello ,

The configuration looks fine. This will solve the internet access issue . If there is any  issue even aftre this , do let us know.

Keep us posted on the result .

• 5.  RE: Issue with SRX240 deployment

Posted 05-06-2015 02:44

As Sam said you need a policy to allow traffic.

Whenever you have to allow some traffic between the zones (Inter-zone) you need a policy even if allowing within the zone (Intra-zone).