Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
Expand all | Collapse all

Juniper configuration tool

• 1.  Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-28-2009 20:41

Does any one know something about Juniper configuration tool?

I know Juniper production has proven to be stable and high performance in carrier and enterprise industry. But to the SE, it is been a very tough ting to work out Juniper configuration correctly, especially in high-end routing system such as T/M/MX series. Too many things like PFC/PIC need to verify carefully. Comparing Cisco, one tool named "dynamic configuration tool" can make work streamline.

Appreciate if Juniper can provide such kind of tool , that could be one pleasure journey for SE.

Regards

Jiemin

• 2.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-29-2009 02:15

You can use J web. you will require to install small package ( depending upon each Junos Version ) .

Then you can manage your router through http/https.

~~Sachin 

• 3.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-29-2009 03:45

Actually I am looking for some "configuration tools" for quotation, ensure every part is ordered correctly.

Does any guys know about it ?

Rgds

Jiemin

• 4.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-29-2009 07:41

Hello Jiemin - Juniper does have some configuration tools. Are you an end customer or do you work for a Juniper partner? If you are a partner and you go to the Partner page you will find what you are looking for under selling tools. You can build out a detailed configuration / quote from the tools.

• 5.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-29-2009 20:02

Hi Muttbarker, thanks for your info. But after checking partner centre, I can't find the quotation/configuration from selling tool.

Regards

Jiemin

• 6.  RE: Juniper configuration tool
    Best Answer

Posted 09-30-2009 06:17
    Good morning Jiemin - login to the partner center - select selling tools from the left menu - this will bring up a menu labled "Product Ordering Guides" - and the first option is "Channel Enterprise Configurator Tool" - You select that - it brings up a seperate page and at the bottom of that page is an option that launches the QuoteBuilder.
    #accepted
    #solution

• 7.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-03-2010 01:48

Tanx Kevin for your info

I’m not a reseller or partner

I ‘m end customer and I want to being able to configure the product like what we have at Cisco Dynamic Configuration Tool.

Does Juniper have something similar like Cisco?

• 8.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-03-2010 23:02

like Jiemin, I am looking for some "configuration tools" for quotation, ensure every part is ordered correctly.

But I'm NOT a partner or reseller or ...., (Only end Customer)

• 9.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-04-2010 05:52

The Juniper's tool is very confuse.

For example, it's impossible configure the M10i router, where's the chassis when I choose in the search field?

• 10.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-05-2010 01:17
    😞 I’m hopeful and I’m looking forward to see a day that Juniper make s.th similar to Cisco and HP

• 11.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-05-2010 07:54

While we do have a configuration tool for our partners, we don't yet have one for end-customers. I know it's been discussed, but I'm not aware of any concrete plans at this point. If you do have a strong need for this, please make your sales contacts aware. 

Regards,

-Keith

• 12.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-05-2010 17:45

iman, me too...

I have the Design Expert tool, but, is not good too. It have a limited information and have no all products...

Is very dificult. In some times we can't continuing without the help of our Juniper engineer.

• 13.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 08-05-2013 00:43

Anyone tested the configurator tool:
    https://partner-sbs.juniper.net/community/tools/close_the_sale/con

I was unable to find SFP+-LR on the MX240 MIC for SFP...