Routing

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  L2circuit or i go with VPLS?

Posted 05-15-2015 02:57
      |   view attached

Hello guys,

please check the attached network diagram and advice how best i can intergrate the new srx (in blue)  in to the network.

the orange boxes represent existing mpls network with vpls droping service to the CE devices.

am required to provide P2P link from the new srx (in blue) to the exiting srx where there is going to be new CE deivce behind it.

how best can i achieve this? can i run new mpls connection on the same physical port by creating logical unit under it use vpls on CE facing interface??

or i can just do P2P cct and use L2circuit to group the CE facing interface at the SRX? i hope am not confusing....

i dont know how best to explain it.

please refer to diagram.

sheeel.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    network_diagram.pdf   115 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: L2circuit or i go with VPLS?

Posted 05-15-2015 08:15
    Any help team? BR Sheeel..

• 3.  RE: L2circuit or i go with VPLS?

Posted 05-17-2015 23:01

Looking at your drawing and your question. I have some questions 🙂 The srx you are refering to is that the blue one in the right upper corner ?

Or do you have an srx behind the Orange srx  ?  It is not complete clear for me what you want / mean by your explenation with the drawing and the forum post.

• 4.  RE: L2circuit or i go with VPLS?

Posted 05-18-2015 12:00

Hi marcTB,

yes am refering to the Blue SRX on the far right corner.there is no srx behind the orange srx..

actually am required to create link from  CE behind new srx (blue, far right corner) to CE behind orange SRX.thats it.

Sheeel.

• 5.  RE: L2circuit or i go with VPLS?
    Best Answer

Posted 05-19-2015 22:46

I would suggest to add the SRX to the mpls cloud as you are also doing with the others in your network, to keep it simplistic and a consistent design. Going towards MPLS you will be more flexible in the future when you have to add new or extra services to the network.