Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  MX PPPoE traffic droping

Posted 04-13-2014 09:01

Hello Experts,

Am having issue with our PPPoE set up on MX router. things were fine till yesterday when all over sudden traffic dropped.

on the MX, subscribers are registered and given IP address but we cant ping any of those IPs. when i try test the PPPoE on my test laptop the authentication goes through but internet connection test fails and when i check the IP address details i can see am given /32 mask instead of /24 as confugured in my address pool assignment.

any one who has being through such scenario before??

i would really appreciate any ideas as i am running out of time with clients on my neck!

Thank you all

Sheel

• 2.  RE: MX PPPoE traffic droping

Posted 04-14-2014 00:00

Any body please?  am stuck!

thanks,

sheeel.

• 3.  RE: MX PPPoE traffic droping

• 4.  RE: MX PPPoE traffic droping
    Best Answer

Posted 04-14-2014 08:24

Woooh! at last am back on track. apparently very funny but arestart on the peering router (M120 )solved all the problems i had on the MX 480 that acts as the edge router.can anybody tell me the effects of reaching ATM interface capcity on juniper routers?? coz the only logical thing happening to our M120 is interface capacity limits. we have an STM1 link and we were hitting close to 130Mbps (10Mbps less the whole stm1 payload which is 140Mbps).

it was just arestart and traffic started flowing. anything i should be checking on both M120 and MX 480 ?? may be symptoms of any funny log messages??

Thanks All.