Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  MX Series router - switch control board question

Posted 10-24-2011 14:29

Howdy - I have a question in regards to the switch control boards offered on the MX platform. Does anyone know the difference between the "SCBE-MX-BB", the "SCBE-MX-R" and the "SCBE-MX-S"  boards?

I don't get the chance to sell many of these and so am struggling trying to work with my customer on what the differences are. For whatever reason the Juniper sales team I am working with is unable to provide me with this information.

Any help is appreciated.

• 2.  RE: MX Series router - switch control board question
    Best Answer

Posted 10-25-2011 08:07

Hi Kevin,

BB means Base Bundle, so the card is in a chassis or bought with it

R means Redundant, so the card is bought separately to be installed in a chassis for redundancy

S means Spare, so the card is used in your stock for spare change on site

Hope this will help you

And hope your Juniper representative will confirm but I'm Quite sure of that

Kind regards

Alain

• 3.  RE: MX Series router - switch control board question

Posted 10-26-2011 16:48

Hey Alain - thanks for the reply - yes I did get confirmation from Juniper - for whatever reason this was a "tough" question to get answered. But now I am all educated (about part numbers at least 🙂

• 4.  RE: MX Series router - switch control board question

Posted 12-03-2015 06:37

Hey Guys , is it the same card but has differant part codes for sales purposes ?