Routing

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  [MX104] What does OTP mean ?

Posted 03-10-2014 19:10

Hi all.

When I checked the hardware guide of MX104, on the Power supply LED :

-----

Yellow

On steadily

Primary OTP

Blinking

Secondary OTP

-----

I don`t understand what does it mean , what does OTP stand for?

Anh what is Primary/Secondary OTP?Any ideal ?

for more detail, please refer to following link:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/mx104-power-overview.html

Reagards,

Toan

• 2.  RE: [MX104] What does OTP mean ?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-10-2014 21:37

OTP  
    Over Temperature Protection

• 3.  RE: [MX104] What does OTP mean ?

Posted 03-11-2014 00:37

Hi 

Thanks you very much. 

You`ve helped me. I `ve searched but couldn`t find anything.

On the other MX series(MX80, MX240,etc..) it is no concept 

of OTP.

Regards,

Toan

• 4.  RE: [MX104] What does OTP mean ?

Posted 03-11-2014 12:07

I understand. I could not find anything about from Junipers side other than what you see for th edescription. SO it took a while to find it, but I found a website which was discussing some kind of modules that had the lED lights that seemed to change depending on the power into the power supply, and they had a list of abbr. with OTP among others.  I should have posted the link but I will look it up later and add it so others can see what that other company is talking about. The MX104 seems to be a nice MX router but the documentation is still not as much as can be found on other devices. I don't know if they even know what it means:) I am just playing. Got to have some fun with them for being so skimpy on details like that. Maybe one of the hardware docs on the MX 104 may have that info.