Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  MX2020 DC power cabling

Posted 12-02-2015 11:35

Hi All,

I would like to know how many DC power cables do we need in a full capacity.

Looking forward your feedback.

BR/

Zakour

• 2.  RE: MX2020 DC power cabling

• 3.  RE: MX2020 DC power cabling

Posted 12-02-2015 12:14

Hi ,

Many thanks for links shared, I already read all of them but unfortunatly none of them contain the information requested.

The question here is: How many DC Power cables do we need for a full capacity in term of Power.

thank you for your understand.

BR/

Zakour

• 4.  RE: MX2020 DC power cabling

Posted 12-02-2015 22:57

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion .

No matter what the answer might be , you well get educated respond , not final respond .
    You'll always be refer in such risky question to a documentation.
    And in case no documentation found , you might want to check that with JTAC , they may handle those information for you .

Here is another PDF document mx2020-quick-start that might be useful for you .

Regardless of all that has been said, I would let an expert to share his knowledge .

• 5.  RE: MX2020 DC power cabling
    Best Answer

Posted 12-03-2015 05:15

You need to connect 72 power feed cables to the MX2020 which is equal to 36 Power feeds ( one cable for -48V and one cable for 0V)

We have 9 PSM per upper or lover chassis. = 18 PSM’s per MX2020

Each chassis has 2 PDM’s  = 4 PDM’s per MX2020

Each of the DC PDM’s has 9 DC Power input connectors  =  18 per chassis  = 36 per MX2020

Per chassis, the upper PDM has 9 feeds, one for each PSM and the lower PDM has 9 feeds, one for each PSM for redundancy.

This also applies to the bottom chassis.

So again we need 36 DC power feeds  which is equal to 72 cables.