Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  MX240 performance

Posted 08-19-2016 23:37

Hi,

I had read this:

"The MX series supports 16M/1M IPv4 routes RIB/FIB, 750k/750k IPv6 RIB/FIB, 4000/500/500 BGP/OSPF/IS-IS sessions and 2000 BGP peers"

But this is true with RE-S-2000 (single or dual)?

Please let me know .... thanks !

Kind regards,

Marco

• 2.  RE: MX240 performance
    Best Answer

Posted 08-20-2016 06:29

I assume you pulled the MX240 specs from the current spec sheet.  If so, I would assume that the older EOL RE-S-2000 routing engine that shows only support for 32bit Junos and lower RAM will not be able to have that many resources. Specs for the routing table are highly RAM dependent.

And looking at the overall RE support in the hardware guide, I don't see the per RE specs that would be helpful in this case.  With some deeper searches you might be able to turn up the per RE specs.  Or this is a good questions for your Juniper sales engineer or partner sales engineer that has better access to internal spec documents.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/information-products/pathway-pages/mx-series/mx240/index.pdf

• 3.  RE: MX240 performance

Posted 08-24-2016 01:38

Hi Steve,

thanks for your info, probably we will swap the RE with new one at 64 bits.

Kind regards,

Marco