Routing
Trusted Contributor
gdavies

Re: Multiple OSPF processes

Hi Tiziano,

Hmm, I think then that the no-forwarding routing-instance only uses the rib-group to import the routing information into the local RIB but it is not eligible to be passed on unless, as you discovered, it is redistributed as a type 5 into the main inet.0.  The other alternative is to have your other routing-instance universally and then use rib-groups everywhere to transfer the info to the local inet.0 rib.

A third option would be to use a virtual-router (or logical-router on J-series, which don't support virtual-routers, IIRC) and have your two 'processes' in different logical-routers.  If you then create a physical connection between the two, you could create a direct adjacency from between the two processes.  However, that would lead to routing information from the main inet.0 being leaked back into instance.inet.0

Rgds,

Guy 

---
Guy Davies
Contributor
Tizius

OK Guy,

thank you for your suggestions. J-series routers do not support logical routers. They do support "virtual-router". As a matter of fact, when you define a routing instance, there is the possibility to choose the  "instance-type virtual-router".

I will give a closer look to this problem, for the moment we have a solution. Refinements will be left for the future.

I thank you again for your precious help.

Greetings from Italy,

Tiziano

Trusted Contributor
gdavies

Doh!  I always get those the wrong way round.  Thanks for reminding me and making sure that my mistake isn't perpetuated on the list :-)

Rgds,

Guy 

---
Guy Davies
Contributor
NESG

Hi,

Am planning to implement a setup with multiple ospf process in MX80 router.

I have already created one ospf process with ID#10 on this router.

I want to create new process with ID#20 with area-nssa and import the routes into inet.0 and also redistribute the routes IBGP to advertise the routes to other router.

Hope we can configure new process ID#20 creating routing instance and define domain-id #20.

Can anyone share me configuration for this above requirement.

Also pls tell me can i create this new process when am already running normal ospf process in this router??

Thanks...

Trusted Contributor
acecanal

Hi Tizius, look at the following post about multiple ospf process. This is a translation example from a Cisco configuration to a Juniper configuration. This works, i test this in lab. If you are a Cisco guy will understand better the ios and junos configuration translation.

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/IOS-to-Junos-I2J-Tips-Contest/Multiple-OSPF-instances/td-p/137233

Br
Alex

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want to say thanks, the word is Kudos!!.

Thx.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP, JNCIP-SP.
CCNA, CCNP, Written CCIE.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.