Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  PPPoE subribers.. ..

Posted 04-29-2015 01:29

Hi team,

can any help me on this PPPOE issue am having....i applied a filter under the dynamic profile to rate limit subscribers but looks like it caused a mess. i have since deactivated the filter i applied and rolled back but subcribers are not getting IPs.

here is the error log message i am getting. 

Apr 29 10:48:59 PE-1-SP-NBO-KE-re0 mib2d[1750]: MIB2D_RTSLIB_READ_FAILURE: rtslib_iflm_snmp_pointchange: failed in writing pp0: 471 (No such file or directory)
    Apr 29 10:48:59 PE-1-SP-NBO-KE-re0 mib2d[1750]: MIB2D_SNMP_INDEX_ASSIGN: mib2d_iflm_snmp_pointchange: Warning: SNMP Pointchange failed snmpid(20347) ifname(pp0.1073920338)

regards,

Sheeel.

• 2.  RE: PPPoE subribers.. ..

Posted 04-29-2015 01:53

Hi Sheel

Please provide the config you are using as a filter and how its being applied on the dynamic profile 

Thanks

IK

• 3.  RE: PPPoE subribers.. ..

Posted 04-29-2015 02:03

This is the profile config...the filter was there and i just activated it. after the errors logs i deactivated the filter and still subscribers arent picking IPs..when i say ..show subscribers, i see the list of clients but with no IPs..

this is profile.

router0# show dynamic-profiles
    PPPOE {
    interfaces {
    pp0 {
    unit "$junos-interface-unit" {
    ppp-options {
    chap;
    pap;
    }
    pppoe-options {
    underlying-interface "$junos-underlying-interface";
    server;
    }
    family inet {
    inactive: filter {
    input "$junos-input-filter";
    output "$junos-output-filter";
    }
    unnumbered-address lo0.0;
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

• 4.  RE: PPPoE subribers.. ..

Posted 04-29-2015 02:20

can you also attach the content of the filters you are using ?

• 5.  RE: PPPoE subribers.. ..
    Best Answer

Posted 04-29-2015 07:56

Hi guys,

clearing the session dB from the raduis server solved the issue i was facing. thanks for your time

• 6.  RE: PPPoE subribers.. ..

Posted 04-29-2015 11:48

You are welcome! glad we could help to solve your problem

• 7.  RE: PPPoE subribers.. ..

Posted 04-29-2015 02:21

ok , the errors are SNMP related so not sure why you are getting those when you applied the filter but would need to see the filter to establish if there could be any reason, or possibly a PR.

in reference to your subs not getting IP's is this in a lab environment or production ? was it working before the filter , what happens if a user disconected / reconnectes.

i would enable pppoe traceoptions and see if you see any errors in there to be honest.

IK

• 8.  RE: PPPoE subribers.. ..

Posted 05-09-2016 11:50

was this a snmp /mib2d issue? was the solution to only clearing the radius db ?

• 9.  RE: PPPoE subribers.. ..

Posted 05-18-2016 08:18

Hi,

At that particular moment, the issue was with the radius server, it wasnt clearing the older sessions from the DB. so clearing the DB solved the issue.

Regarding the SNMP/mib2d, i think i shared anything from the logs refferencing the P0 virtual interface. (my mistake).

Regards,

Sheeel.