Routing
Trusted Expert
Kashif-rana

Redistribution problem of RIP/OSPF in to ISIS and Route Leak in ISIS on Logical systems

Hi Expert

I have one MX960 with JUNOS 10.3R3.7. I made many logical Systems and connected these logical systems through back to back fiber interfaces with VLAN tagging. It working perfectly. I made 13 logical system and interconnect them.

Now I am facing very strange behaviour.

1- I reditributed RIP routes or either OSPF routes in to the ISIS. After that its is doing the redistribution perfectly and these external routes are available in ISIS area routers BUT after that that ASBR ISIS router doing the redistribution is not advertising its linkstate internal LSP. I verified it using the command show isis database detail and due to this the other routers are not able to recieve the directly connected networks of this router through ISIS.

2- When I leaked the level 2 routes in to level 1. It is not working on logical system.

I would highly appreciate if some body can test this for me and can advise something about this.

Thanks

Kashif Rana
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-SP, JNCIS(FWV,SSL),JNCIA(IDP,AC,WX),BIG IP-F5-LTM, CCNP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!
Recognized Expert
JNPRdhanks

Re: Redistribution problem of RIP/OSPF in to ISIS and Route Leak in ISIS on Logical systems

I have an MX-80 with Trio running 10.4 and I've done all the JNCIP-M labs with it using logical-systems.  No issues.

Doug Hanks
JNCIE-ENT #213, JNCIE-SP #875

Follow me on Twitter @douglashanksjr
Trusted Expert
Kashif-rana

Re: Redistribution problem of RIP/OSPF in to ISIS and Route Leak in ISIS on Logical systems

Dear

Only redistribution in to ISIS from any protocol is working but after that the ASBR does not send its link in ISIS LSP and route leaking is not working for me from L2 to L1.

There is no such issue with OSPF. Could you please post your configuration on logical systems?

Thanks

Kashif Rana
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-SP, JNCIS(FWV,SSL),JNCIA(IDP,AC,WX),BIG IP-F5-LTM, CCNP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!
Recognized Expert
JNPRdhanks

I used the same configs from the JNCIP-M Study Guide.

Doug Hanks
JNCIE-ENT #213, JNCIE-SP #875

Follow me on Twitter @douglashanksjr
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.