Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Tagging OSPF and other routes

Posted 02-24-2011 04:30

Hi All,

Quick question.  I have a network where I use route tags to make import export descisions.  This works great as I tag the route when I export them from a VR and when I create a static route.  My question is is it possible to apply a tag to a directly connected route?

I have a bunch of directly connected routes that get advertised into ospf and never leave the VR.  I would like those to have a tag when they are created.  Is this possible.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Tagging OSPF and other routes
    Best Answer

Posted 02-24-2011 13:16

As far as I know there isn't a tag attribute on direct/local routes as these are just logical interfaces within the RIB.  The Direct route will be the interface's IP/netmask and the Local route will be the interface's IP/32.

You can however write a routing policy to export direct/local routes so that protocols such as RIP, OSPF, ISIS, etc can advertise and tag those prefixes to their neighbors.

• 3.  RE: Tagging OSPF and other routes

Posted 02-24-2011 14:16

..........Smiley Surprised  I didnt even think about that.  Thats the solution, I wont include the intereface in the ospf statement and just bring them in via a export policy.

Thanks!