Routing

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  class-of-service forwarding-classes [ queue vs class ]

Posted 03-20-2014 07:24

Hi  is there any difference in the config below ? or are they just 2 ways of achieving the same result , as they are mutually exclusive i.e. you can only use queue or class at any one time.

[edit class-of-service forwarding-classes]
    queue 1 EF priority high policing-priority premium;

[edit class-of-service forwarding-classes]
    class EF queue-num 1 priority high policing-priority premium;

• 2.  RE: class-of-service forwarding-classes [ queue vs class ]
    Best Answer

Posted 03-20-2014 11:09

Correct! "they just 2 ways of achieving the same result , as they are mutually exclusive i.e. you can only use queue or class at any one time"

• 3.  RE: class-of-service forwarding-classes [ queue vs class ]

Posted 03-28-2014 09:32

Not quite the same.

I believe there is a difference between both forwarding-classes statements.

One allows for the configuration of 16 forwarding-classes with many-to-one queue mapping in gear that supports it, While the other only allows for the configuration of 8 forwarding classes with one-to-one queue mapping.

Check out the below paragraph in below reference:

This statement enables you to configure up to 16 forwarding classes with multiple forwarding classes mapped to single queues. If you want to configure up to eight forwarding classes with one-to-one mapping to output queues, use the queue statement instead of the class statement at the [edit class-of-service forwarding-classes] hierarchy level.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.2/topics/reference/configuration-statement/class-edit-cos-forwarding-classes.html