Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  flexible-ethernet-services ae for global multi-chassis-protection interface

Posted 09-28-2015 14:53

Does anyone know if I can use an ae bundle configured with flexible-ethernet-services and a unit dedicated for bridging as a global multi-chassis-protection interface in the attached topology?

Basically 2 routers, router1 and router2, mc-lag active/active between them and a switch with nx10G uplinks. I will run out of ports if I have to create dedicated mc-ae icl-pl links so i was thinking of using a unit off of bundle 199 (configured in bridging) to maybe get around my lack of available ports for the time being. There will be 20 mc-ae downlinks and 2x100G between MX's.

Router1 = 1.1.1.1

Router2 = 1.1.1.2

iccp configured between them only diff in config would be the ips, chassis-id, mc-ae system-ids, and status-control being passive on router2 if I'm not crazy. I just have this 2x100G bundle that woulndt ever be used and given my port constraints on adding additional non metro or inet facing 10G links I'd prefer just re-using the inter-chassis bundle.

Attachment(s)

txt
    example.txt   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: flexible-ethernet-services ae for global multi-chassis-protection interface

Posted 09-29-2015 05:55

Hello,

Yes, it does work, even back in 2012 with JUNOS 11.4R4.

HTH

Thanks

Alex

• 3.  RE: flexible-ethernet-services ae for global multi-chassis-protection interface
    Best Answer

Posted 09-29-2015 19:07

Hey Alex thanks!

• 4.  RE: flexible-ethernet-services ae for global multi-chassis-protection interface

Posted 09-29-2015 19:15

Hey sorry Alex 1q, the mc-ae-id, is that unique to the bundle? Or can you re-use that accross multiple mc-ae bundles?

-a