Routing

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  icmp test

Posted 10-25-2012 21:26

icmp test

• 2.  RE: icmp test

Posted 10-25-2012 21:50

Hi,

set routing-option static route 0/0 nexthhop table inet.0 

with this command, when a packet comes into VPN instance  with destination Iof which is external to that VPN, then the routing look-up will be done in inet.0 table. 

Therefore to reach Internet , first of all , you need some routing information to reach interrnet , in inet.0 of the PE.

To be able to route the reply/ return packets from Internet to the VPN CE, you need the VPN routes in inet.0.

for that, you need to configure rib-groups in the PE to install the VPN routes (including VPN interface routes) in inet.0.

Then you need to redistribute these VPN routes into IBGP,  so that the other PEs will know these routes.

Regards,

Moses N

• 3.  RE: icmp test

Posted 10-25-2012 21:57

Hi,

Please check this topic which I posted some time back. This is similar to your question.

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Junos-and-Junosphere/how-to-export-VRF-l3vpn-routes-to-inet-0/m-p/158078#M6469

Regards,

Moses N

• 4.  RE: icmp test

Posted 10-25-2012 22:17

hi,Mose

I am confused by this:

we suppose internet is 5.5.5.5 which is installed in inet.0 pe now

• 5.  RE: icmp test

Posted 10-25-2012 22:24

Yes, you need next-table inet.0. Otherwise, PE will check only the VPN table.

• 6.  RE: icmp test

Posted 10-25-2012 22:32

thx ,Mose

but for the return packets ,it depends,right?

such as ,if it is packets with label,it will check the mpls.0,the lookup vrf if there is entry for that label,righr?

if it is a normal packet,it will check inet.0,right?

• 7.  RE: icmp test

Posted 10-25-2012 22:53

Return packet from Internet will not have any labels. It will go to  PE1 and PE using IBGP inet.0 ( family inet unicast) to reach the VPN PE. From there it will go to CE.

• 8.  RE: icmp test

Posted 10-25-2012 23:03

yes,I know,from Interent,it is normal packet

I just tried to understand how junos decide nslookup process when receiving different type of packets

• 9.  RE: icmp test
    Best Answer

Posted 10-26-2012 15:57

Hi Rob,

I hope you mean "routing lookup"' , not the nslookup and I have answered your questions.

Moses N