Routing

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  import-rib per-destination policy

Posted 03-17-2013 14:38

Hi,

I'm just starting to figure out the exact use of rib-groups and been having a fair amount of success - I seem to finally grasp the concept 🙂

I'm using rib-groups to selectively copy (through the use of [routing-options rib-groups import-phy import-policy] statements) some routes from inet.0 to two other routing tables.

The problem is that I would not like to copy the same routes from inet.0 to these other tables, but I need to say "route 1.1.1.1 can be copied to instance1.inet.0 but not to instance2.inet.0".

A solution would be if I were able to define a "from destination-instance" statement in the policy, or even beter, be able to apply two rib-groups in [routing-options interface-routes rib-group].

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: import-rib per-destination policy
    Best Answer

Posted 03-17-2013 14:41
    Try set policy-options yourpolicy term yourterm to instance

• 3.  RE: import-rib per-destination policy

Posted 03-17-2013 14:52

Allright, I feel too stupid for words.

I _just_ figured it out myself as well. It works now.

Still, thanks for your quick & still helpful reply!

• 4.  RE: import-rib per-destination policy

Posted 03-17-2013 15:15

Hi,

It does seem to work, except for to instance master when trying to import interface-routes from a virtual-router to the inet.0 table. If I ommit the to instance master statement, it's working fine...

The other way round seems to be working fine.

• 5.  RE: import-rib per-destination policy

Posted 03-17-2013 15:36

Allright, to rib inet.0 solved that one.

I guess because "master" is type forwarding, it's not really considered an instance in the policies?

Could someone confirm this?

Thanks!