Routing
Visitor
eldavo

multiple providers, NOT multihomed

Hey all.

I'm pretty new to juniper equiptment and have a rather odd configuration to deal with.  I have two providers (A and B) coming into my network and an internal subnet for each of them such that traffic from subnet A should always use provider A and traffic from subnet B should always go through provider B.  I have a j4350 running junos 9.1es and would like to use the security zone functionality (although none of the interfaces need share a zone). 

Whats the proper way to handle this? logical (virtual) routers?  Is there a simple bit of route policy that can assign a default next hop based on the originating interface? 

Thanks in advance

-dave 

Distinguished Expert
rkim

Re: multiple providers, NOT multihomed

You can route traffic with filter-based forwarding. This is similar to policy-based routing in ScreenOS. Here is a link to filter-based forwarding.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos85/swconfig85-policy/id-10876979.html#id-1087697...

It might also be a good idea to separate the two ISP default routes by having one ISP default route in a separate virtual router routing-instance to avoid routing conflicts.

Hope this helps.

-Richard 

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.