SRX Services Gateway
Contributor
jsereda

AX-411 working for 3 seconds

Hi,

I have an SRX240poe, and just recently got the AX411's to start learning these devices. 

I have firmware 10.1.3.11 on the AP

And am running 10.2R3.10 on the SRX. 

I had this working for a little while, but I've noticed the connections are gone from my wireless networks.  When I look at the AP, the only leds lit are for:

Power= green

status=green. 

When I reset the AP manually, it starts working (all leds lit properly) and my laptop connects, and then the connection is lost after 3 seconds and the leds go back to what I posted above.  I am trying to run this in cluster mode. 

Any idea what could be the issue, incompatibility with the versions of firmware and os? 

While I'm at it let me have a little Q and A if anyone wants to share some knowledge.  

Is there a way to reset the AP from the command line? 

Is there a way to restart the wireless lan service on the srx?

Is there a way to log into the AP itself?  I tried via the web browser with no success.  I'd like to hard code the IP if possible. 

Where is this profile for ssid: juniper-default coming from?  I don't need that and can't see it in the cli. 

Thank you. 

Contributor
jsereda

Re: AX-411 working for 3 seconds

Here's a little update, I added a second AP to the cluster (replaceing the other one) and the firmware is 10.1.3.7, I plugged it into the same port that the other one was plugged into, so far it is working flawlessly for the past ~10 minutes. 

Is there a way to revert my firmware down to 10.1.3.7, and what is the recommended version? 

Super Contributor
colemtb

I had fits with 10.1.3.7 and 10.1.3.9 has these things running like a champ.

Contributor
jsereda

cole, I do remember your post.  Thanks for that.  I figured upgrading to the latest firmware would be better than upgrading to the previous version.  Maybe I was wrong. 

Anyway, here's a little more info. 

Last night before leaving the office, I plugged in the AX411 which was giving me trouble, and got a solid connection, I setup a ping to the gateway from a laptop connected via wireless and left the office.  When I returned this morning, the wireless was down again. 

I am going to downgrade the firmware to 10.1.3.9, but to me, this sounds like something that may be heat related.  If the device is on for a while, it drops wireless access.  If I reset it, it still doesn't work.  If I disconnect it for some time to let it cool down and then connect it, it works for a tlittle while again, and then stops working. 

Also, I will be managing these things from another state.

I'm sure there are commands to power down and restart the devices via the SRX, but how do I do that? 

also, anyone know where I can find the config for juniper-default wlan ssid?  I'd like to remove that. 

Super Contributor
colemtb

This is exactly the type of thing mine were doing...  Radio connection would go down, IP address allocation would cease to work, general connectivity was poor...

Youll be fine after the upgrade I suspect.

Contributor
jsereda

[ Edited ]

But the one with the issue is running the latest firmware.  So far, the one running the older firmware is solid. 

Unless I have my versions mixed up and 10.1.3.11 is not the latest? 

Super Contributor
colemtb

Right, but I ran .9 per recommendation by JTAC.

Contributor
jsereda

I finally got .9 on that AP, I'll test it out and let you'll know whats up. 

Contributor
jsereda

So I was able to get a little more info, the thing dropped connections again. 

This time I got Unmanaged [Authentication failed] when running

show wlan access-points test-ap-1

Trusted Expert
Automate

This is sounding like a hardware #fail. I would recommend contacting either JTAC or your reseller. If we had an endemic problem we'd be seeing it in aggregate internal here @juniper and I'm not hearing anything.

-Keith

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.