SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Alg status command

Posted 05-20-2014 05:45

Hello fellow forum members,

I was just wondering that is it normal the command >show security alg status command gives no output on new un-boxed SRX 3600? ( no additional config was done ). Is it possible because of no security config was done ?

I tried searching on the net, but found no answers for it, i'd be glad if some one can help me. 

Thanks in advance.

Onur

• 2.  RE: Alg status command
    Best Answer

Posted 05-20-2014 13:42

On the datacenter line there are no alg turned on by default.  The output of the command will always be empty until at least one of the alg are enabled.

• 3.  RE: Alg status command

Posted 05-20-2014 23:55

Thanks Spuluka for your reply.

However, when i check KB, it says that some of the ALGs are enabled even on the high-end series.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1x46/topics/reference/command-summary/show-security-alg-status.html

The article is from 2013, but i dont know what to believe.

Thanks in advance.

• 4.  RE: Alg status command

Posted 05-21-2014 00:19

I have verified the output in the lab box, even without security config it shows the output of "show security alg status" .

• 5.  RE: Alg status command

Posted 05-27-2014 07:14

show alg status shoul always display something.

it shows algs  is enabled or disabled.

if it shows nothing any one of your system process/ daemons is not working/ or initiated.

It is not able to fetch the information.

Please reboot the box and check again.

Regards,

c_r

Note: If this answers your question, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it helps others as well. Kudos will be cool if I earned it!

• 6.  RE: Alg status command

Posted 05-29-2014 23:34

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Well it turned out that, the command started showing the status after we configured security algs. A reboot could solve the initial problem maybe, but it was in production so we couldnt do it. But anyway, it seems to work now.