SRX Services Gateway
Contributor
sueze

Auto Connect VPNs on SRX

Hi All,

I need to know how to configure AC-VPNs on SRX 240. I have done this on screen os and its working fine.

I want to test this on SRX before implementing. If somebody can help me on the same.

Thanks,

Suez

Trusted Contributor
piccolo78

Re: Auto Connect VPNs on SRX

Hi,

as far i know, AC-VPN is not currently available on SRX.

i think it`s on the roadmap.

Please correct me , if i`m wrong.

Regards

-PIccolo
Contributor
dscott98

If you're talking about a site to site vpn, you just need to set "establish-tunnels immediately" under security/ipsec/vpn <vpn name>

Contributor
link2ali

AC-VPN is not available on SRX devices currently.

Contributor
sueze

Hii All,

Thanks for your response. Juniper should come up with ACVPN on SRX at the earliest..

Thanks,

Suez

Super Contributor
tbehrens

Suez,

take a look at Group VPN. It's Juniper's implementation of GDOI, interoperable with Cisco's GetVPN implementation. SonicWall has a Group VPN implementation, too, though I don't know that it's been tested for interop.

I think a standards-based approach like GroupVPN is much better than a proprietary approach like AC VPN.

For Group VPN, use JunOS 10.2r3 or better (10.3r2, 10.4rx), and remember that Group VPN is not supported in chassis clusters as of 10.2/10.3.

Contributor
sueze

Hi Tbehrens,

I found few documents on the juniper site regarding Group VPN, i couldn't find the proper steps which described how to configure step by steps procedure.

Please, if you could share any link towards the same, it wil be a great help.

Thanks,

Suez

Super Contributor
tbehrens

Maybe this configuration example is helpful, though it is specific to server-member colocation:

https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security10.2/junos-security-swconfig-...

Beyond that, there are a lot of individual Group VPN topics on the overview, server/member, phase 1 and phase 2, and a run-down of the steps needed to configure Group VPN:

http://www.juniper.tw/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security10.2/junos-security-swconfig-se...

http://www.juniper.tw/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security10.2/junos-security-swconfig-se...

Contributor
sueze

Thanks for your help

New User
escape2u2

How about HA? Does it support HA with Group VPN. I read introduction to GROUP VPN at it says working in STANDALONE mode.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.