SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Can't SSH into switch through SRX router

Posted 04-06-2015 10:21

I have an EX2200 switch with a SRX210 router configured as a "router on a stick", and I'm trying to set an IP address on the switch so I can SSH into it. I can SSH to the switch, if I'm on any workstation plugged into the switch, but I can't even ping the RVI from a different network. I can ping the RVI on the switch from the router. The address shows up in the arp table. But when doing a traceroute from a PC on a different network, the traffic makes it to the router, then it drops off. The vlan and interfaces are in security zone trust on the SRX. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Can't SSH into switch through SRX router

Posted 04-06-2015 10:37
    Please check if you have proper security policies. Please note that you need a policy even if the switch and pc are on same zone.
    You can try setting default policy as permit all for testing

#set security policy default-policy permit-all

• 3.  RE: Can't SSH into switch through SRX router

Posted 04-06-2015 11:08

This is my relevant config from switch and router

Attachment(s)

txt
    switch.txt   1 KB 1 version
    txt
    router.txt   3 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Can't SSH into switch through SRX router

Posted 04-06-2015 11:05
    You can also apply flow traceoptions as in below kb and confirm if srx is dropping the packet or not
    https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB16110

• 5.  RE: Can't SSH into switch through SRX router
    Best Answer

Posted 04-06-2015 11:19
    I dont see any routing/routes configured. I blve the topology is as below

Pc--------srx-------switch, in this case is pc and switch in same subnet/LAN?
    If not you need to add a route on switch for pc pointing to srx.
    Please correct me if i have misunderstood your setup/topology.

• 6.  RE: Can't SSH into switch through SRX router

Posted 04-06-2015 11:30

Sorry, I removed all the routes in the config for the SRX. But going from the router to the switch, there are no routes. I didn't think I needed them since there is a trunk going from the switch to the router. I can ping the switch from the router. Yeah, the topology is my PC (which is on a different network) going to the SRX (different network) to the switch, which also has an RVI on a different network.

• 7.  RE: Can't SSH into switch through SRX router

Posted 04-06-2015 11:57

Thank you for such a quick response. I needed a route on the switch pointing to the router. I just used 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop <router IP>. Didn't think this was necessary, but it was...

Thank you again!